Cream Of Carrot Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 97 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37518 times
The Cream of Carrot Soup is a sight to behold and a treat to savour, with its lovely orange colour, creamy consistency and mildly-sweet flavour. Carrot is teamed up with a couple of other ingredients to give the soup a perky flavour and indulgent mouth-feel.
Onions improve the flavour, while potatoes add volume to the soup. A combo of milk and cream give this soup a luxuriant mouth-feel and balanced flavour, while pepper as always gives a flavourful boost. Relish this soup hot and fresh, with your favourite soup accompaniments .
- Combine the carrot, onion and potato with 4 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Strain it using a strainer.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add the salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, fresh cream and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.