Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Crêpes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 317 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22531 times
Wholesome crêpes filled with a toothsome mixture of spinach, tomato and cheese, this is a scrumptious treat that no kid can resist. The creamy cheese and tangy tomatoes make the vitamin and iron-rich spinach filling very tempting for kids, while the addition of wheat flour to the batter ensures a good dose of protein and calcium. All the more reason for moms to love the Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Crêpes as much as their kids do!
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Grease a 100 mm. (4") diameter non-stick pan using a little butter, pour ¼ cup of the batter and tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- Cook the crêpe on each side using a little butter for 30 seconds approximately.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 4 more crêpes. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach, tomatoes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cheese and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 5 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a crêpe on a flat, dry surface.
- Place a portion of the spinach and cheese filling in a row in the centre of the crêpe and roll it up tightly.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.