chola dal pudla recipe | split cow peas methi pancakes | healthy Gujarati dal methi pancakes |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 155 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 68541 times
chola dal pudla recipe | split cow peas methi pancakes | healthy Gujarati dal methi pancakes | with 25 images.
chola dal pudla is a popular Gujarati snack. Learn how to make healthy dal methi pancakes.
A traditional Gujarati dish, chola dal pudla is a scrumptious pancake made of a batter of soaked and ground chola dal fortified with chopped fenugreek leaves and other common flavour enhancing ingredients.
You will find these succulent, crisp chola dal pudlas to be filling and tasty, even better than the quick-fix versions made using besan.
Chola dal used in dal methi pancake is an excellent source of potassium and also rich in soluble fibre which helps to eliminate cholesterol from the body, thus protecting the heart.
chola dal pudla is rich in Phosphorus, Magnesium, Folic Acid and Protein.
Enjoy chola dal pudla recipe | split cow peas methi pancakes | healthy Gujarati dal methi pancakes | with step by step photos.
- To make chola dal pudla soak the chola dal in enough warm water in a deep bowl for 3 hours. Drain, and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste using 1/2 cup of water.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add methi, ginger green chilli paste, hing, garlic paste and salt.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and mix well to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle).
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle.
- Cook on a medium flame, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 7 more pudlas.
- Serve chola dal pudla immediately with healthy green chutney.
Chola Dal Pudla recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pudla
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.