How many calories does one serving of Sukha Moong have?
One serving of Sukha Moong gives 229 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 133 calories, proteins account for 56 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 41 calories. One serving of Sukha Moong provides about 11 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Sukha Moong recipe. Everyday Gujarati cooking relies on common spices and traditional tempering to make mouth-watering dishes within minutes. This Gujarati favourite is a semi-dry curry of soaked and boiled moong, perked up with readily-available but flavour-packed spice powders.
Is Sukha Moong healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
Sprouted Moong ( whole green gram) : Moong sprouts is a nutri-dense sprout. It’s a good sources of several nutrients like b vitamins, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus. These sprouts are a protein boost. Sprouted moong is beneficial in relieving the symptoms of anaemia by building haemoglobin levels due to its high iron count. The fiber from sprouted moong has also been linked to lower LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) levels, thus decreasing the risk of heart diseases. help to maintain blood pressure and good for pregnancy. See detailed benefits of sprouted moong in moong sprouts glossary.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Sukha Moong ?
Yes, diabetics can have sukha moong. It's best to have some low fat curds with it for diabetics to reduce the carbohydrate load and it is recommended to control portion size. The fiber from sprouted moong has also been linked to lower LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) levels, thus decreasing the risk of heart diseases. Great for weight loss.
Can healthy individuals have Sukha Moong ?
Sukha Moong is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low Calorie Snack
3. Diabetic Snacks
4. Healthy Heart Snacks
5. Pregnancy snacks
6. Kids snacks
7. Low Acidity breakfast
8. Low Blood pressure snacks
Sukha Moong is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
6. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 229 calories that come from Sukha Moong?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 9 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 23 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 31 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 39 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.