How many calories does one Potato Sandwich, Aloo Sandwich have?
One Potato Sandwich, Aloo Sandwich gives 217 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 141 calories, proteins account for 18 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 58 calorie. One Potato Sandwich, Aloo Sandwich provides about 11 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Potato Sandwich, Aloo Sandwich recipe. potato sandwich | aloo sandwich | aloo sandwich made on tawa | aloo tawa sandwich.
potato sandwich is a aloo sandwich made on tawa. Scrumptious and satiating, the potato sandwich is the ideal snack to appease your hunger! You don’t need a grilled or toaster to make Indian potato tawa sandwich. We have used the simple tava which is available in every Indian kitchen.
aloo sandwich is a buttery, chutney-lined bread is sandwiched with a tasty potato mixture and toasted on a tawa till it is appetizingly crisp and golden. Although aloo sandwich made on tawa is a common snack that is enjoyed by everybody, this is nothing short of a work of art because it so masterfully combines taste and functionality. The next time you feel hungry, think no further – just go for a aloo sandwich.
Aloo sandwich is a popular snack with kids and office-goers, and is sold commonly in canteens and bakeries. Aloo tawa sandwich is a wonderful snack to accompany tea, because it is both filling and tasty.
The vegetable tawa sandwich is so quick and easy to make that if you no one can ever go wrong with the recipe. To make the stuffing for aloo tawa sandwich, combine mashed potatoes, onions, coriander leaves, green chillies and Indian spices that include red chilli powder and chaat masala followed by lemon juice. The potato filling is very tasty, as it is boosted with flavourful ingredients like onion, coriander, chaat masala and lemon juice. You can also add cheese if you wish to.
Is Potato Sandwich, Aloo Sandwich healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Butter : Butter contains 80% fats and it comprises of many types of fatty acids. Butter has short chain fatty acids and medium chain fatty acids which are broken down and absorbed into the body directly and go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles. Due to this anti-inflammatory effect, it is said to have a positive effect in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Recent research shows that small amounts of butter has positive effects on heart health. So diabetics too can have small quantity of butter and balance it with other types of fats they consume. A tbsp. of butter fulfils 8% of your days requirement of vitamin A. This Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant which is essential for glowing skin health and immune function. We suggest you read about butter the super food.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
4. Green Chillies : Antioxidant vitamin C in green chillies protects the body from effects of harmful free radicals and prevents stress. It is probably the high fiber which helps in controlling blood sugar levels. This it is a welcome addition to a diabetic diet. Suffering from anaemia? Add green chillies to your list of iron rich foods too. For complete details see benefits of green chilli.
What's the problem?
1. Potatoes (Aloo) : Potatoes being high in simple carbohydrates will lead to weight gain and are not good for people with diabetes, heart problem and obesity. Potatoes are recommended for malnourished children and people with low weight. See full details on why potatoes are bad for you.
2. Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour or maida to make bread which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Potato Sandwich, Aloo Sandwich?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. This recipe uses plain flour or maida to make bread which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. Potatoes being high in simple carbohydrates will lead to weight gain and are not good for people with diabetes, heart problem and obesity.
What is a healthy toast option to have?
We suggest you try homemade almond bread made without eggs and toast it. A good option is toasted almond bread with avocado which is a perfect gluten free breakfast option. Whole wheat bread is better choice than white bread made from refined plain flour to make toast like mixed sprouts open toast, oats moong toast, cottage cheese tomato and chutney sandwich or creamy alfalfa sprouts and apple on toast.
Cottage Cheese, Tomato and Chutney Sandwich
Can healthy individuals have Potato Sandwich, Aloo Sandwich?
Not healthy. Stay away from white bread to lead a healthy life style.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Potato Sandwich, Aloo Sandwich is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 217 calories that come from one Potato Sandwich, Aloo Sandwich?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 5 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 22 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 29 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 37 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.