How many calories does one glass Papaya coconut drink have?
One glass Papaya coconut drink gives 61 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 44 calories, proteins account for 5 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 13 calories. One glass Papaya coconut drink provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See recipe papaya coconut drink recipe | Indian coconut papaya summer drink | healthy papaya coconut juice | with 17 amazing images.
papaya coconut drink recipe | Indian coconut papaya summer drink | healthy papaya coconut juice is a perfect combo of taste and nourishment in one glass. Learn how to make Indian coconut papaya summer drink.
Indian coconut papaya summer drink shares it's colour with the sun during twilight which is a delight to the eye and the taste buds! It is a perfect breakfast drink on the go when you have no time for breakfast.
Coconut water is an age-old remedy to beat the heat and cool your body. It is also an excellent source of potassium that is required for maintaining the water balance in our body as well as for normal functioning of the heart. Fibre from papaya works at its best when fluid is made available as it absorbs the water and swells, which eases bowel movements and thus keeps our body away from unwanted toxins. You are sure to enjoy every sip of this healthy papaya coconut juice.
Moreover the vitamin A and vitamin C in papaya work their antioxidant magic and help protect the health of cells and organs. All healthy individuals, weight-watchers, heart patients can add this papaya coconut drink to their menu.
Tips for papaya coconut drink. 1. Add 10 to 12 ice cubes or crushed ice. This will chill the papaya coconut juice. 2. The papaya cubes must be deseeded.
Is Papaya coconut drink healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Papaya : Being rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin C, it helps to protect against heart diseases by oxidising the excess Cholesterol. Papaya is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels and relives constipation.The question is even if the glycemic index of papaya comes under medium range how this fruit is beneficial for diabetics? This is because the glycemic load of the fruit is just 6.4 for 1 cup of papaya, so diabetics should control portion size. See detailed benefits of papaya.
2. Coconut : The fresh coconut has saturated fats but most of it is MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) which promote weight loss. The high fibre content 13.6 gm (45.3% of RDA) along with high lauric acid content of coconut improves cholesterol levels in the body. Improving the action of insulin secretion and lowering the raised blood sugar levels is yet another benefit of coconut for Diabetics. See here for 10 amazing benefits of coconut.
3. Coconut Water : One cup of coconut water (200 ml) has only 48 calories. There is zero fat in this water. It’s a perfect weight loss drink. Being high in potassium (480 mg / cup) it’s a boon for hypertensives to balance their electrolyte ratio and control high blood pressure. Due to the presence of potassium and calcium in Coconut water, it is believed to lower cholesterol and maintain a healthy heart beat. This is a perfect healthy low carb drink as 1 cup of coconut water contains only 8 grams to Carbs. Since it has a very low glycemic index of 3, its a healthy drink for Diabetics but if you have very high blood sugar levels then avoid it. See detailed benefits of coconut water.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Papaya coconut drink?
Yes, this recipe can be enjoyed by weight watchers and heart patients. weight-watchers, heart patients can add this papaya coconut drink to their menu. This is because the glycemic load of the fruit is just 6.4 for 1 cup of papaya, so diabetics should control portion size. See detailed benefits of papaya.
Can healthy individuals have Papaya coconut drink?
Yes. this is healthy drink
One glass Papaya coconut drink is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
3. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
4. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
5. Vitamin B3 (niacin) : Vitamin B3 helps in brain functioning and mental health. Also healthy skin formation.
6. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 61 calories that come from One glass Papaya coconut drink?
Walking (6 kmph) = 18 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 6 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 8 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 10 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.