How many calories does one serving of Paneer, Vermicelli and Mushroom Vegetable Broth have?
One serving of Paneer, Vermicelli and Mushroom Vegetable Broth gives 89 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 65 calories, proteins account for 7 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 3 calories. One serving of Paneer, Vermicelli and Mushroom Vegetable Broth provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Paneer, Vermicelli and Mushroom Vegetable Broth recipe. A leaf off Oriental cuisine, the Paneer, Vermicelli and Mushroom Vegetable Broth is a tangy, awakening soup that will awaken you with its myriad flavours. Paneer is a star ingredient of this broth, as it provides ample calcium for healthy bones and teeth.
Is Paneer, Vermicelli and Mushroom Vegetable Broth healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
2. Mushrooms : One cup of Mushrooms contain only 18 calories and is safe to be consumed by those who have high blood pressure. Mushrooms has a Glycemic Index of 15 which is very low and is diabetic friendly. The B-vitamins Thiamine (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pyridoxine (B6) and Folic acid (B9) which are present in good amounts in mushrooms are involved in various metabolic reactions in the body. to convert into energy. See the detailed 8 benefits of mushrooms.
3. Spring Onions : The sulfur compounds in spring onions are known to keep blood pressure under check. Here the sulfur compounds and antioxidant quercetin together help to keep blood sugar levels under control by increasing the production of insulin making it good for Diabetics. Spring onions have also been identified to lower cholesterol levels in the body. The vitamin C also puts you at less risk of heart disease. Being very low in calories and fat and encompassing a basketful of nutrients, they are looked upon as a weight loss vegetable too. See detailed benefits of spring onions.
4. Mixed Vegetables are used to make the stock : Mixed vegetables get the benefits of lots of nutrients as you are using cauliflower, carrots, cabbage, french beans and green peas. Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. Rich in Antioxidant and read here for detailed benefits of cauliflower. Cabbage is low in cal, relieves constipation, good for diabetics and see here all benefits of cabbage. Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas.
Wheat Vermecelii : This is far healthier than using plain flour.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Paneer, Vermicelli and Mushroom Vegetable Broth ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT cut the amount of wheat vermecelli in the recipe. Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Mushrooms has a Glycemic Index of 15 which is very low and is diabetic friendly so use more mushrooms in the broth. The stock is healthy though you will losse some nutrients as we are discarding the vegetables.
Can healthy individuals have Paneer, Vermicelli and Mushroom Vegetable Broth?
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Paneer, Vermicelli and Mushroom Vegetable Broth is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
3. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 89 calories that come from Paneer, Vermicelli and Mushroom Vegetable Broth?
Walking (6 kmph) = 27 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 9 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 12 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 15 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.