How many calories does one glass of Kairi ka Jaljeera, Raw Mango Jal Jeera have?
One glass of Kairi ka Jaljeera, Raw Mango Jal Jeera gives 18 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 15 calories, proteins account for 2 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 1 calories. One glass of Kairi ka Jaljeera, Raw Mango Jal Jeera provides about 1 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See recipe Kairi ka Jaljeera, Raw Mango Jal Jeera | kairi ka jaljeera recipe | raw mango jal jeera | kache aam ka jaljeera | kairi jaljeera Indian summer drink | with 17 amazing images.
kairi ka jaljeera recipe | raw mango jal jeera | kache aam ka jaljeera | kairi jaljeera Indian summer drink is a cooling drink to beat the heat. Learn how to make raw mango jal jeera.
To make kairi ka jaljeera, combine all the ingredients along with 2 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend till smooth. Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add 3 cups of water and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and serve chilled.
This is one drink that will shake you awake even when you are dog tired on a hot summer’s day! Made with raw mangoes, coriander, mint and spice powders, this kache aam ka jaljeera tastes similar to pani puri ka pani, and is absolutely refreshing when served chilled.
The use of coriander and mint leaves is what adds refreshing flavour and aroma along with a rich green hue. Though it is pepped up with only cumin seeds powder and black salt, this delectable kairi jaljeera Indian summer drink is a sure shot lip-smacker!
It is very easy to make. We suggest you make a big batch of this concentrate just before the raw mangoes get out of season towards the end of May. You can store the concentrate in the freezer for a few months. Then just add water and sip on raw mango jal jeera.
Tips for kairi ka jaljeera. 1. While buying coriander and mint leaves, look for coriander leaves that have firm, unwilted leaves, which are vividly deep green in color with no signs of yellowing or browning. 2. Chop raw mangoes into medium sized pieces, so blending becomes easier. 3. Remember to refrigerate it for one hour after adding water so the flavours blend well. But if you are in a hurry, add chilled water to it.
Is Kairi ka Jaljeera, Raw Mango Jal Jeera healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Raw mangoes, Kacchi kairi: Raw mangoes, called as kacchi kairi, are rich source of Vitamin C, thus it is helpful in building immunity and fighting against diseases, adding glow to your skin, cure bleeding gums and maintaining hair health. Being low in calories, they help boost metabolism and can be consumed by weight watchers. The fibre in it makes it an acceptable choice for heart patients too. Raw mangoes are a fair source of vitamin A, potassium and B vitamins. Eating raw mango with salt helps to overcome thirst, beat sunstroke and maintains electrolyte balance. In tropical countries, raw mango pulp with sugar, water and cardamom is consumed to keep the body cool.
2. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : Coriander is a fresh herb often used as a flavour enhancer in Indian cooking. It is mainly used as a garnish. This is the best way to use it - no cooking. This preserves its vitamin C content which helps to build our immunity and bring that sparkle to the skin. The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
3. Mint Leaves (Pudina) : Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be. Moreover it's vitamin A (10% of RDA) and vitamin C (20.25%) serve as an additional boost to bring relief from cough, sore throat and also cold. Mint (pudina) is a leafy vegetable which is sure to create nourishing dishes without piling on calories, carbs or fat for that instance. What is has to offer instead is FIBER. See here for detailed benefits of mint leaves.
4. Green Chillies : Antioxidant vitamin C in green chillies protects the body from effects of harmful free radicals and prevents stress. It is probably the high fiber which helps in controlling blood sugar levels. This it is a welcome addition to a diabetic diet. Suffering from anaemia? Add green chillies to your list of iron rich foods too. For complete details see benefits of green chilli.
5. Benefits of Cumin Seeds ( jeera) : The most common benefit of jeera known to many is to soothe the stomach, intestine and the entire digestive tract. Cumin seeds are apparently a very good source of iron. A tbsp. of cumin seeds can fulfil nearly 20% of days iron requirement. Even small quantity of cumin seeds has huge amounts of calcium ( see calcium rich Indian foods ) – a bone supporting mineral. They aid is digestion, weight loss and help reduce inflammation. See detailed benefits of cumin seeds, jeera.
6. Benefits of black salt (sanchal, kala namak) : Since the sodium level in black salt is less as compared to table salt, it is prescribed to patients with high blood pressure or those on low salt diets.
• It is also known for comforting intestinal gas trouble.
• Black salt is considered as a cooling spice in Ayurveda, and thus helps treat heartburn.
• It is used as a laxative and digestive aid.
What's the problem?
Sugar : Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and overweight individuals have Kairi ka Jaljeera, Raw Mango Jal Jeera?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Sugar in the recipe is optional so drop it. Raw mangoes, called as kacchi kairi, are rich source of Vitamin C, thus it is helpful in building immunity and fighting against diseases, adding glow to your skin, cure bleeding gums and maintaining hair health.
Can healthy individuals have Kairi ka Jaljeera, Raw Mango Jal Jeera?
Yes, this is healthy.
One glass of Kairi ka Jaljeera, Raw Mango Jal Jeera is high in
Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 18 calories that come from one glass of Kairi ka Jaljeera, Raw Mango Jal Jeera?
Walking (6 kmph) = 5 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 2 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 2 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 3 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.