How many calories does one serving of Mishti Doi have?
One serving of Mishti Doi gives 362 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 144 calories, proteins account for 31 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 181 calories. One serving of Mishti Doi provides about 18 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Mishti Doi recipe. A radically different dessert,which will take your party by storm! Mishti Doi is a creamy dessert of thick curds, cream and condensed milk, baked in moulds, and then chilled. Curds when complemented by the rich milky taste and pleasant sweetness of condensed milk turns into a beautiful dessert. The unique process of baking and then chilling intensifies the flavour and also the mouth-feel of this Creamy Curd with Condensed Milk Dessert.
Is Mishti Doi healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
What's the problem?
1. Condensed Milk, Sweetened Condensed Milk: Condensed Milk – itself is very high in energy (513 calories from ½ cup). That’s a lot! This is of most concern especially when most of it is because of the added sugar, which does not offer any benefit in reality. So weight watchers and those suffering from diabetes and heart disease as well as those aiming a healthy lifestyle need to definitely stay steer of this ingredient, though rich in taste. Condensed milk is a dairy product, so it is a concentrated source of protein and calcium, which are necessary to build strong bones. It does provide some B vitamins and potassium also. So condensed milk should be the preferred choice over plain sugar. Read is condensed milk healthy?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Mishti Doi?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Condensed Milk – itself is very high in energy (513 calories from ½ cup). That’s a lot! This is of most concern especially when most of it is because of the added sugar, which does not offer any benefit in reality. So weight watchers and those suffering from diabetes and heart disease as well as those aiming a healthy lifestyle need to definitely stay steer of this ingredient, though rich in taste.
What is a healthier Indian dessert option ?
We suggest you try low fat gajjar halwa recipe which uses dates as a sweetener and low fat milk which works well for diabetics. Also Dry fruits stuffed dates is healthy. Make oats and mixed nuts ladoo recipe which is sweetened by jaggery, oats and dates kheer and anjeer and mixed nuts barfi (not for diabetics).
Anjeer and Mixed Nut Barfi
Can healthy individuals have Mishti Doi?
Mishti Doi is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
3. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 362 calories that come from Four Mishti Doi?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 49 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 36 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 48 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 hr 2 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.