How many calories does one Ginger and Lemon Drink have?
One Ginger and Lemon Drink gives 11 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 9 calories, proteins account for 0.8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 2 calories. One Ginger and Lemon Cup provides about 1 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Ginger and Lemon drink for weight loss recipe. Nothing like a natural, caffeine-free cuppa to relieve a headache. What – no caffeine, but cures headache? Yes, this ginger lemon drink recipe is a really pleasant surprise for anybody with a headache. Learn how to make ginger lemon water for weight loss, detox and anorexia.
Grate the ginger and extract its juice, add lemon juice and warm water in mentioned amounts, mix it and enjoy it warm. It is so simple to make Indian adrak lemon water.
With every sip of ginger lemon drink recipe, you will find a refreshing energy tingling through your cells, and as a good side-effect, you will realize it soothes your throat too and relives cold and cough if any.
Remember to make this ginger lemon water for weight loss, detox and anorexia just before drinking, to reap most of its benefits. You can sip on this drink 3 to 4 times in a day in a portion size that you can handle.
Is Ginger and Lemon water healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Ginger (Adrak) : Ginger is an effective cure for congestion, sore throat, cold and cough. It aids digestion and relieves constipation. Ginger was found as effective as drugs in relieving menstrual pain. Ginger is effective in decreasing the cholesterol levels in patients with high cholesterol. Ginger significantly reduces symptoms of nausea in pregnant ladies. See here for 16 Super Health Benefits of Adrak, Ginger.
2. Lemon, Lemon Juice : Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Ginger and Lemon Cup ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. There is no sugar added. Ginger is effective in decreasing the cholesterol levels in patients with high cholesterol. This recipe jas only 11 calories and ZERO caffeine.
Can healthy individuals have Ginger and Lemon Drink?
Ginger and Lemon Drink is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Ginger and Lemon Drink is good for
1. Healthy heart juices, drinks
2. Low cholesterol juices, drinks
3. Athletes juices and smoothies
4. Healthy juices and smoothies for breakfast
5. Healthy food for kids
6. Low carb juices, drinks, smoothies
7. rich Vitamin C juice
How to burn 11 calories that come from Ginger and Lemon Drink?
Walking (6 kmph) = 3 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 1 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 1 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 2 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.