How many calories does one serving of Flax Seed Raita have?
One serving of Flax Seed Raita gives 144 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 30 calories, proteins account for 21 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 73 calories. One serving of Flax Seed Raita provides about 7 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Flax Seed Raita recipe. Flax seeds are one of the richest sources of omega 3 fatty acids, which is essential to build immunity, prevent LDL oxidation and heart ailments. Combine it with calcium-rich curds to make a delectable Flax Seed Raita. Grated bottle gourd adds volume to this dish, while mint gives it an awesome flavour. Relish this healthy ingredient in the tastiest possible way!
Is Flax Seed Raita healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Alsi (Flax seeds) : Flax seeds are high in soluble and insoluble fibre which prevents surges in blood sugar levels. Hence, this is beneficial to those who are diabetic. Flax seeds are the richest source of plant Omega-3 (n3) fatty acids. Since flaxseeds are not a very good source of sodium they are safe to be consumed by individuals with High Blood Pressure. Flax seeds contain high levels of Lignans which have benefits of anti-ageing and restoring cellular health and good for heart. See detailed benefits of alsi, flaxseeds.
2. Doodhi (bottle gourd, lauki) : With extremely low levels of sodium, this doodhi is highly suitable for those with high BP. It helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and regulate blood pressure and ensures a proper blood flow to heart and they're onwards to all parts of the body. It helps prevent acidity and good for diabetics. See the 10 benefits of bottlegourd article for complete information.
3. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
4. Mint Leaves (Pudina) : Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be. Moreover it's vitamin A (10% of RDA) and vitamin C (20.25%) serve as an additional boost to bring relief from cough, sore throat and also cold. See here for detailed benefits of mint leaves.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Flax Seed Raita ?
Yes, this works for all. Flax seeds are high in soluble and insoluble fibre which prevents surges in blood sugar levels. Hence, this is beneficial to those who are diabetic. Flax seeds contain high levels of Lignans which have benefits of anti-ageing and restoring cellular health and good for heart. So make sure you get your flax seeds in your diet. Daily!
Can healthy individuals have Flax Seed Raita ?
Yes, this is super food. Flax seeds Raita is one of the tastiest and healthiest fare you can think of. Firstly the base ingredient curd abounds in calcium and protein, which are twin pillars of our bone health. Flax seeds, the other most important ingredient of this raita is rich in omega 3 fatty acids – the type of fat which is crucial to reduce inflammation in the body and prevent the onset of chronic diseases like heart disease and cancer. These flax seeds are also beneficial in managing existing diseases like diabetes too.
Mint leaves apart from adding flavour and making the raita more colourful also pumps in some antioxidants which would work towards a glowing skin. The grated bottle gourd adds mouthfeel along with fiber, thus making it a delight which can be savoured by weight watchers. Being easy to chew on, even the elders in the house can relish a bowlful of this raita. It’s truly filling and nourishing!
Flax Seed Raita is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low cholesterol accompaniment
3. Low cholesterol salads, raitas
4. Healthy heart accompaniment
5. Healthy heart salad, raitas
6. Diabetic with heart issues
7. Diabetic Accompaniments
8. Diabetic salads, raitas
Flax Seed Raita is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 144 calories that come from Flax Seed Raita?
Walking (6 kmph) = 43 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 14 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 19 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 25 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.