How many calories does one tbsp of Chilli Garlic Noodles have?
One tbsp of Chilli Garlic Noodles gives 29 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 0.4 calories, proteins account for 0 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 29 calories. One tbsp of Chilli Garlic Noodles provides about 1 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Chilli Garlic Noodles recipe. chilli garlic noodles recipe | Indian style chilli garlic noodles | Indo-Chinese chilli garlic noodles | veg chilli garlic noodles .
chilli garlic noodles is veg garlic noodles which is an Indo-Chinese chilli garlic noodles. All you need to prepare this chilli garlic noodles is just few ingredients, oil, hakka noodles, chilli garlic sauce, bell peppers and spring onions. Ingredients used to make chilli garlic noodles are super basic.
chilli garlic noodles can be prepared in less than 15 minutes which makes it a perfect and ideal meal for lazy Sundays or long tiring days! I have used homemade Chilli Garlic Sauce, yet you can also buy it from the market. A fabulous hot sauce of Chinese or Vietnamese origin. Chilli Garlic Sauce is made to spice-up your taste buds and make your chilli garlic noodles more enjoyable. The principal ingredients are chili, garlic, and vinegar.
Chilli Garlic Sauce is sold and is available readily available in the Indian market but making it at home can be hygienic and efficient. Chilli Garlic Sauce made at home has zero preservatives and tastes really fresh. Bell peppers make it look colourful and beautiful and also add in nice taste to the noodles.
chilli garlic noodles are spicy yet super flavorful which will linger your mouth. There are a lot many variations to chilli garlic noodles and this is our Indo-Chinese chilli garlic noodles version of it. Also, you can use this recipe for your kid's tiffin treat and I can bet you'll see the lunch box empty. Serve Indo-Chinese chilli garlic noodles along chilli paneer or veg manchurian.
Is Chilli Garlic Noodles healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Spring Onions : The sulfur compounds in spring onions are known to keep blood pressure under check. Here the sulfur compounds and antioxidant quercetin together help to keep blood sugar levels under control by increasing the production of insulin making it good for Diabetics. Spring onions have also been identified to lower cholesterol levels in the body. The vitamin C also puts you at less risk of heart disease. Being very low in calories and fat and encompassing a basketful of nutrients, they are looked upon as a weight loss vegetable too. See detailed benefits of spring onions.
2. Capsicum (Bell Peppers) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Low glycemic index (40) colourful capsicum are immune boosters. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
What's the problem?
1. Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
2. Plain flour (maida) : The noodles are made from plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Chilli Garlic Noodles?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. The noodles are made from plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients.
Which are healthy pasta or noodle options?
We suggest you have chunky tomato whole wheat pasta recipe, whole wheat vegetable noodles or whole wheat pasta in low calorie white sauce recipe in limited quantiy where whole wheat pasta or whole wheat noodles is used and the sauces don't contain any fat.
Can healthy individuals have Chilli Garlic Noodles?
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
Skip having Indian junk foods like pav bhaji, bata vada, pakoras, gulab jamun as they cause your body to have insulance resistance. The resultant is your body will store more carbohydrates as fats, causing storage of fat in the stomach causing a paunch and slowing down of our fat burning process. So its a bad cyle which causes you more more hunger and fatigue every time you eat junk food.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
How to burn 29 calories that come from Chilli Garlic Noodles?
Walking (6 kmph) = 9 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 3 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 4 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 5 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.