How many calories does one serving of Chana Palak have?
One serving of Chana Palak gives 112 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 66 calories, proteins account for 20 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 25 calories. One serving of Chana Palak provides about 6 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Chana Palak recipe. Chana Palak, a luscious preparation of chickpeas, cooked in a mild gravy of spinach, flavoured with onions, tomatoes, and other common spices and pastes, is a wonderful accompaniment for sumptuous whole wheat parathas or brown rice.
Is Chana Palak healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Kabuli Chana ( white chick peas) : Kabuli Chana which is used in popularly in Chole in India is a complex cab which prevents surges in blood sugar levels and good for diabetics. Chickpeas are high in Fibre resulting in your stomach feeling a lot fuller than refined carbs. One cup of cooked chickpeas has 14 grams of protein, which is a really good amount. See here for 10 fabolous benefits of chickpeas.
2. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
3. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
4. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Chana Palak ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Kabuli Chana which is used in popularly in Chole in India is a complex cab which prevents surges in blood sugar levels and good for diabetics. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart.
Can healthy individuals have Chana Palak ?
Yes.We suggest a bajra roti, jowar roti, radish nachni roti recipe , basic ragi roti recipe, and whole wheat roti to make a healthy combination.
Chana Palak is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Weight Loss subzis
3. Diabetic Subzis
4. Healthy Heart Subzis
6. Kids weight loss
Chana Palak is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
4. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
5. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 112 calories that come from Chana Palak?
Walking (6 kmph) = 34 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 11 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 15 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 19 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.