How many calories does one serving of Broken Wheat Salad with Chick Peas, Roasted Pepper have?
One serving (230 grams) of Broken Wheat Salad with Chick Peas, Roasted Pepper gives 451 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 333.2 calories, proteins account for 53.2 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 64.8 calories. One serving of Broken Wheat Salad with Chick Peas, Roasted Pepper provides about 22.5 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
451 calories for 1 serving of Broken Wheat Salad with Chick Peas and Roasted Pepper Carbohydrates 83.3g, Protein 13.3g, Fat 7.2g.
See Broken Wheat Salad with Chick Peas, Roasted Pepper recipe | kabuli chana dalia Indian salad | folic acid, vitamin B3, B1, protein rich broken wheat salad with chickpeas | with 25 images,
broken wheat salad is a healthy Indian salad made from dalia, kabuli chana capsicum and parsley. Learn to make kabuli chana dalia Indian salad.
A hearty Mediterranean broken wheat salad that is quite a meal by itself! broken wheat, boiled chickpeas, and roasted colourful peppers come together in this delicious salad.
Ensure that the peppers are char-grilled before they are used in the broken wheat salad.
The vegetables give a nice flavour to the wheat, while the lemon juice and olive oil dressing brings out the flavours of all the ingredients in kabuli chana dalia Indian salad .
Serve broken wheat salad chilled garnished with chopped parsley.
Is Broken Wheat Salad with Chick Peas, Roasted Pepper healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Dalia ( Broken Wheat, Bulgur Wheat) : High Fibre in dalia aids in managing Diabetes. The high fiber further assists in controlling the levels of cholesterol too, thus reducing the risk of strokes. Strong Bones are the backbone of our body. We are aware that with age our bone mineral density decreases and we need a good dose of calcium, phosphorus and magnesium to maintain the health of our bones and dalia provides that. See here for detailed 8 amazing benefits of dalia.
2. Capsicum (Bell Peppers, red, green and yellow capsicum) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Low glycemic index (40) colourful capsicum are immune boosters. Colourful capsicums (red, green and yellow capsicum) are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
3. Kabuli Chana ( white chick peas) : Kabuli Chana which is used in popularly in Chole in India is a complex carbs which prevents surges in blood sugar levels and good for diabetics. Chickpeas are high in Fibre resulting in your stomach feeling a lot fuller than refined carbs. One cup of cooked chickpeas has 14 grams of protein, which is a really good amount. See here for 10 fabolous benefits of chickpeas.
4. Parsley : Parsley is a fairly good source of calcium, which is definitely known to support bone strength. Adding parsley to you meals daily will help you build your red blood cells count and haemoglobin levels and overcome anaemia. A glass of juice with parsley like Carrot Spinach and parsley Juice is a very good detox to flush out toxins from your body and fight kidney stones. A cup of freshly chopped parsley fulfils your days requirement of vitamin C and vitamin K and folate. Parsley is part of Heart-friendly foods. See detailed benefits of parsley.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Broken Wheat Salad with Chick Peas, Roasted Pepper ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics (portion control), heart and weight loss. High Fibre in dalia aids in managing Diabetes. The high fiber further assists in controlling the levels of cholesterol too, thus reducing the risk of strokes.
One cup of cooked chickpeas has 14 grams of protein, which is a really good amount.
Adding parsley to you meals daily will help you build your red blood cells count and haemoglobin levels and overcome anaemia.
Can healthy individuals have Broken Wheat Salad with Chick Peas, Roasted Pepper ?
Broken Wheat Salad with Chick Peas, Roasted Pepper is rich in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
3. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
4. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
5. Vitamin B3, Niacin diet foods rich in almonds, jowar, wheat flour, bajra, toovar dal, dalia, chick peas, green moong dal
6. Folic Acid (Vitamin B9): Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
7. Phosphorus : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
8. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. It helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.