How many calories does one serving of Boondi and Pomegranate Raita have?
One serving of Boondi and Pomegranate Raita gives 69 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 29 calories, proteins account for 12 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 28 calories. One serving of Boondi and Pomegranate Raita provides about 3 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Boondi and pomegranate raita recipe | boondi anar raita | with 8 amazing images.
When you have boondi and pomegranate on hand, the Boondi and pomegranate Raita is extremely quick and easy to make. Here we have got you a extremely scrumptious boondi anar raita that includes the fun of having your favourite namkeen too.
The crunchy boondi with sweet and juicy pomegranate together in this boondi pomegranate raita gives you a mouth rush which is also flavoured with cumin seed powder.
Raita is a quintessential accompaniment for any Indian meal. It adds a refreshing note, making the heaviest of meals seem light and digestible. Simply put, raita means veggies and/or fruits in curd. South Indians temper the raita with mustard and red chillies, while in the North it is served with a sprinkling of spice powders.
The method for making boondi and pomegranate raita is very quick and easy, i usally make this along with pulao and biryani. To make boondi pomegranate raita, take curd in a bowl, add cumin seed powder along with red chilli powder whisk everything well and add boondi and pomegrante and mix well. Our super quick and delicious raita is ready to be relished!! You can even add chaat masala if you wish to. Refrigerate raita for 30 mins and serve it chilled. Also, you can garnish with coriander and your boondi anar raita is ready to go.
You can serve this Boondi and pomegranate ka Raita immediately if you want to enjoy the crunch of the boondi, else refrigerate for a while and serve. Take care while adding salt to the Boondi ka Raita, because the boondi also has salt in it.
Serve Boondi and pomegranate ka Raita with parathas, pulaos and biryanis or as a side dish to any Indian main course.
Is Boondi and Pomegranate Raita Healthy?
Yes and No, it depends who is eating it. Restrictions applicable to some as it contains deep fried Boondi.
Let's understand the ingredients.
Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
Pomegranate, Anar : Pomegranate has anti-inflammatory properties. Pomegranate is considered as a heart-healthy fruit. Pomegranates contain nitrates which are shown to improve exercise performance. A study conducted on athletes stated that pomegranates if taken 30 minutes before exercise, significantly enhances the blood flow to the exercising muscles. High in vitamin C, a good source of fiber and low in calories, pomegranate juice contains antioxidants that will help to protect your blood lipids from oxidation and good for heart. See detailed benefits of pomegranate.
Benefits of Cumin Seeds ( jeera) : The most common benefit of jeera known to many is to soothe the stomach, intestine and the entire digestive tract. Cumin seeds are apparently a very good source of iron. A tbsp. of cumin seeds can fulfil nearly 20% of days iron requirement. Even small quantity of cumin seeds has huge amounts of calcium – a bone supporting mineral. They aid is digestion, weight loss and help reduce inflammation. See detailed benefits of cumin seeds, jeera.
Red chilli powder : Red chilli powder can set the taste buds on fire, and sometimes the tummy too! It is basically a spice blend consisting of one or two types of dried red chillies that are ground and pulverized into a fine powder. It is generally used to add spice to otherwise bland foods.
What's problem in Boondi and Pomegranate Raita.
Deep fried foods : This recipe is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also when you use the same oil again for deep frying then smoking point decreases which leads to the development of blue smoke which is not good for health. Processed food, Deep Fried Foods also increases inflammation in the body and shuts down the fat burning process. Most diseases from heart, to cardio vascular, diabetes, parkinsons, alzheimer, cancer and obesity result when the cells get inflamed and then they don't function correctly. Inflammation in the arteries can cause heart attacks. So your diet should contain foods that fight inflammation in the body. That's how your body gets healthier by eating the right stuff.
Boondi : Boondi is a deep-fried Rajasthani snack made using besan, spiced with salt. It is prepared by pouring the besan through a ladle,and deep-frying the resultant balls till crisp.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Boondi and Pomegranate Raita ?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Made with deep-fried boondi.
Can healthy individuals have Boondi & Pomegranate raita?
Yes, this recipe works for healthy individuals but in little quantum.
What is a healthier option ?
Healthy raita to try is lauki aur pudine ka raita recipe.
Lauki Aur Phudine ka Raita
What to have the raita with?
Enjoy this raita with Soya Granule Veg Pulao and Oats Moong Dal Veg Khichdi at your meal time!
Nourishing Khichdi, Oats Moong Dal and Vegetable Khichdi, Low Salt Recipe
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet.
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
Skip having Indian junk foods like pav bhaji, bata vada, pakoras, gulab jamun as they cause your body to have insulance resistance. The resultant is your body will store more carbohydrates as fats, causing storage of fat in the stomach causing a paunch and slowing down of our fat burning process. So its a bad cyle which causes you more more hunger and fatigue every time you eat junk food.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds. Stress. The easiest way to kill your immune system is chronic stress.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that. Workout builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss, builds immunity and keeps virus or bugs away.
How to burn 69 calories that come from Boondi and Pomegranate Raita?
|Walking (6 kmph) =
|Running (11 kmph) =
|Cycling (30 kmph) =
|Swimming (2 kmph) =
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.