How many calories does one serving of Beetroot and Dill Salad have?
One serving of Beetroot and Dill Salad gives 26 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 21 calories, proteins account for 4 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 0.9 calories. One serving of Beetroot and Dill Salad provides about 1 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Beetroot and Dill Salad recipe. Two unusual ingredients, beetroot and dill, complement each other in this salad. Sprouted methi seeds add to the vitamin c, Vitamin b complex, iron and calcium content and help keep the heart healthy.
Beet and sprouts salad is a true Indian style simple salad for everyday cooking. Healthy sprouted beetroot salad needs a little planning to buy alfa-alfa sprouts, but it’s worth the effort. Learn how to make beetroot and alfa-alfa sprouts salad.
To make beet and sprouts salad, boil beetroot in a pressure cooker. On cooling, peel the beetroot and cut into cubes. Combine these beetroot cubes and alfa-alfa sprout in a deep bowl. Sprinkle some lemon juice, salt and pepper and toss well. Healthy sprouted beetroot salad is ready for serving.
Popularly called as ‘Chukandar’ beet has a very sweet taste and an appealing colour which makes it very popular. The lovely beets are known to beat inflammation due to their antioxidants like betalain and vitamin C they possess. The nitrates in beet can help to reduce the cholesterol levels in the body. It also has fair amounts of fibre, thus gives a satiety value.
Mixed with it are alfa-alfa sprouts. They are very delicately flavoured and give just the needed slight contrasting crunch to the beetroot and alfa-alfa sprouts salad. They are low in calories and carbs too.
The vitamin C from beets and sprouts along with lemon juice all help in achieving a wrinkle-free skin, as vitamin C helps in collagen synthesis. It is also that nutrient which build our immunity and resistance to fight diseases like cold and cough. So do not miss out on adding lemon juice to beetroot sprout salad.
Is Beetroot and Dill Salad healthy?
Yes, this is healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Beetroot : The Nitrates present in beet aid in detoxification and helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. The high Nitrate content of Beetroots which get converted to Nitric Oxide result in the expansion the blood vessels and thereby lowering the blood pressure and ensuring proper oxygen flow to all parts of the body. If you often notice signs of high blood pressure, start your day with a glass of beet juice. Beat Diabetes with Low Glycemic Load Beet. See detailed benefits of beetroot.
2. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
3. Alfalfa Sprouts : With a decent amount of fiber and very low fat count, these sprouts are a healthy addition to maintain heart health and good for diabetics. They are a good source of folate which has been known to have a key role on preventing neural birth defects in new born babies. Pregnant women must benefits from its key nutrients from through all the 3 trimesters. Shiny bouncy hair needs protein, vitamin C, antioxidants and zinc. Alfalfa sprouts has all of these. See detailed benefits of alfalfa sprouts in alfalfa sprouts glossary.
4. Lemon, Lemon Juice : Lemon is a very good source of Vitamin C and thus helps in the production of white blood cells and antibodies in the blood which attacks invading microorganisms, prevents infection and builds immunity. Therefore, Lemon juice is given to prevent common cold. The ascorbic acid in lemon juice helps in absorption of iron from the food. So if you’re iron deficient or have anaemia squeeze a lemon on iron rich recipes. See detailed benefits of lemon, lemon juice.
5. Benefits of Black Pepper ( kali mirch) : Black pepper has been identified to stimulate the digestive juices and enzymes in the gut thus lending a helping hand in maintaining digestive health. The antibacterial nature of black pepper helps to relieve cold and cough, especially when black pepper is ground and mixed with honey and consumed. kali mirch may help in maintaining normal blood sugar levels as it improves insulin sensitivity. So diabetics and weight watchers with high blood sugar levels both can benefit from black pepper. Kalimich is known to boost metabolism and promote fat cell breakdown. Yes, the piperine in it may help you overcome obesity, weight loss. See detailed benefits of black pepper, kali mirch.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Beetroot and Dill Salad ?
Yes, this is healthy. The Nitrates present in beet aid in detoxification and helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. Coriander is good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Lemon juice is used in this recipe and there is Zero oil.
Can healthy individuals have Beetroot and Dill Salad ?
Beetroot and Dill Salad is good for
1. Weight Loss
2. Diabetics Salads
3. Healthy Heart Salads
4. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
5. Lower blood pressure salads as beetroot lowers blood pressure
6. Pregnany Salads
7. Low cholesterol salads
8. Kids high fibre food
How to burn 26 calories that come from Beetroot and Dill Salad?
Walking (6 kmph) = 8 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 3 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 3 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 4 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.