How many calories does 1 Whole Wheat Bhakri have?
One Whole Wheat Bhakri gives 133 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 94 calories, proteins account for 16 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 28 calories. One Whole Wheat Bhakri provides about 7 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See whole wheat bhakri recipe. Enjoy this bhakri hot and fresh, and without any guilt as it is made with whole wheat and using very little oil too.
3 Reasons to eat Whole Wheat Bhakri
The main component of Whole Wheat Bhakri is whole wheat flour. See detailed benefits of whole wheat flour.
1. Being low in calories these whole wheat bhakris are good for persons on high fibre diet and weight-watchers.
2. These are excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food.
3. We have only used half teaspoon of oil per bhakri in the dough. There is no other fat added to cook this recipe.
Yes, Bhakri is very healthy to have.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Whole Wheat Bhakri ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Combine roti with super healthy dal recipes like palak toovar dal, khatta urad dal recipe, suva masoor dal recipe, hariyali dal recipe and healthy kadhi recipe to make a healthy combination. Note that when you combine any dal with any cereal like bajra, jowar, ragi, buckwheat, barley or whole wheat to enhance the protein value.
Suva Masoor Dal, Zero Oil Healthy Dal
Can healthy individuals have Whole Wheat Bhakri ?
Whole Wheat Bhakri is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Healthy heart rotis
3. Diabetics with heart issues
4. Diabetic rotis
5. High fibre to lower cholesterol
6. Low cholesterol rotis
7. High fibre for kids