How many calories does one serving of White Gravy Biryani have?
One serving of White Gravy Biryani gives 135 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 96 calories, proteins account for 17 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 22 calories. One serving of White Gravy Biryani provides about 7 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. White Gravy Biryani recipe. Caraway flavoured brown rice, layered with an assortment of colourful vegetables cooked in a subtly spiced gravy, the White Gravy Biryani is a mouth-watering and sumptuous dish – almost a one-pot meal! It has lots of garlic and ginger, which help to counterbalance the effects of sodium and make this dish suitable for those with hypertension. The use of brown rice instead of polished varieties adds to the fibre content of this dish, making it all the more heart-friendly.
Is White Gravy Biryani healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Brown Rice : The glycemic indiex of brown rice is 20% lower than white rice Therefore, brown rice is good for people with diabetes if consumed in limited quantity. Being a good source of fibre that reduces high cholesterol levels and prevents atherosclerosis and good for your heart. Being a complex carbohydrate and low in GI. It is suitable for people on weight loss diet. See article is brown rice good for you?
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Cauliflower (gobi) : Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup Cauliflower provides you 100% off your daily recommended allowance of Vitamin C. Rich in Antioxidant. Being rich in Indoles, Cauliflower and other Cruciferous Vegetables like broccoli, kale, radish, brussel sprouts, red cabbage) maintain Estrogen balances which is crucial for women. Read here for detailed benefits of cauliflower.
4. Mixed Vegetables : Mixed vegetables get the benefits of lots of nutrients as you are using cauliflower, carrots, cabbage, french beans and green peas. Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. Rich in Antioxidant and read here for detailed benefits of cauliflower. Cabbage is low in cal, relieves constipation, good for diabetics and see here all benefits of cabbage. Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas.
5. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
What's the problem?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have White Gravy Biryani?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT in small amounts for diabetics. The glycemic indiex of brown rice is 20% lower than white rice Therefore, brown rice is good for people with diabetes if consumed in limited quantity. Being a good source of fibre that reduces high cholesterol levels and prevents atherosclerosis and good for your heart. Cauliflower is extremely low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup Cauliflower provides you 100% off your daily recommended allowance of Vitamin C.
Can healthy individuals have White Gravy Biryani?
White Gravy Biryani is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 135 calories that come from White Gravy Biryani?
Walking (6 kmph) = 41 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 14 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 18 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 23 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.