How many calories does one Vegetable Mayonnaise Sandwich?
One Vegetable Mayonnaise Sandwich gives 308 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 158 calories, proteins account for 15 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 159 calories. One Vegetable Mayonnaise Sandwich provides about 15 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Vegetable Mayonnaise Sandwich recipe. Mayonnaise has a wonderfully creamy and tangy feel that never fails to delight the taste buds. Here, in this easy and quick Vegetable Mayonnaise Sandwich, it teams up with a horde of crunchy vegetables to satiate you in a tasteful way when you are oh-so-hungry!Russian Salad Sandwich , Cheese and Spring Onion Sandwich , Tricolor Sandwiches sandwiches are also made using eggless mayonnaise. To satiate your hunger pangs you can also try our other sandwiches like Schezwan Paneer Cold Sandwich and Pineapple, Celery and Cottage Cheese Sandwich. Enjoy how to make Vegetable Mayonnaise Sandwich recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
Is Vegetable Mayonnaise Sandwich healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
2. Celery (Ajmoda) : Celery helps reduce the total blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels, thus reducing the clogging of arteries and chances of stroke. Diabetics too can include this vegetable to their diet as its high fiber contribute to maintain healthy levels of blood sugar levels. Potassium and its active compound phthalides have shown positive effects in controlling blood pressure. See detailed benefits of celery.
3. Capsicum (Bell Peppers) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
4. Cabbage ( Gobhi) : Cabbage is low in calories, relieves constipation, good for diabetics. Cabbage has high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins and has long been used as a herbal medicine. Rich in Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods. See here all benefits of cabbage.
What's the problem?
Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour to make bread which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
Mayonnaise : Mayonnaise is made up of of 1 cup vegetable oil and hence very high fat levels + eggs which are healthy. Vegetable oils are not very healthy for your body which will cause inflammation and stop the fat buring process. You are better of using olive oil or peanut oil as they are higher in MUFA.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Vegetable Mayonnaise Sandwich?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. his recipe uses plain flour to make bread which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. Mayonnaise is made up of of 1 cup vegetable oil and hence very high fat levels + eggs which are healthy. Vegetable oils are not very healthy for your body which will cause inflammation and stop the fat buring process.
What is a healthy toast option to have?
We suggest you try homemade almond bread made without eggs and toast it. A good option is toasted almond bread with avocado which is a perfect gluten free breakfast option. Whole wheat bread is better choice than white bread made from refined plain flour to make toast like mixed sprouts open toast, oats moong toast, cottage cheese tomato and chutney sandwich or creamy alfalfa sprouts and apple on toast.
Creamy Alfalfa Sprouts and Apple On Toast
Can healthy individuals have Vegetable Mayonnaise Sandwich?
Vegetable Mayonnaise Sandwich is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 308 calories that come from Vegetable Mayonnaise Sandwich?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 32mins
Running (11 kmph) = 31 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 41 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 53 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.