How many calories does one Ragi Roti Stuffed with Paneer Pesto have?
One Ragi Roti Stuffed with Paneer Pesto gives 272 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 89 calories, proteins account for 26 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 159 calories. One Ragi Roti Stuffed with Paneer Pesto provides about 14 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Is Ragi Roti Paneer Pesto Healthy?
This is a healthy recipe for those who are fit as there is a lot of good quality fat in this recipe through paneer and olive oil. If your an athlete or fit, by all means have this recipe.
Note that all the ingedients in this reicpe are super healthy.
1. Ragi flour ( Nachni flour) : We have used 3/4 cup ragi flour to make 4 rotis. Ragi flour is high in protein and great source for vegetarians. In addition its gluten free, high in fiber which in turn is good for diabetics and heart patients. A must read for the benefits of ragi to include in your daily diet.
2. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in cards and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Paneer contain omega 3 fatty acids that promotes heart health. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
3. Olive oil : Olive oil is healthy fat. Just be careful of the quantity used.
4. Walnuts : Walnuts are a great source of protein, good for heart, daibetic friendly and controls blood pressure. See detailed benefits of walnuts to include in your diet.
5. Palak (Spinach) : Spinach is a great source of iron, insoluble fibre, good for weight loss, diabetic friendly. See here for detailed benefits of spinach and why you should have more of it.
This recipe is not suitable for diabetics, weight loss and heart patients due to its high fat levels. You may cut the amount of olive oil and use low fat paneer to make this recipe diabetic and heart friendly.