How many calories does one Paneer Pudina Tikki have?
One Paneer Pudina Tikki gives 70 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 12 calories, proteins account for 11 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 47 calories. One Paneer Pudina Tikki provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Paneer Pudina Tikki Recipe. In Paneer Pudina Tikki, the flavour and texture of paneer is always highlighted when there is an optimal addition of herbs and seasonings. Of the many herbs, pudina works very well for the Indian palate.
Here is Paneer Pudina Tikki, a scrumptious snack cum starter that features a very interesting combination of paneer and pudina, wherein the former brings in its unique texture and the latter imparts it’s refreshing flavour and aroma.
These Paneer Pudina Tikkis are made easily within minute right in front of your guests and serve piping hot, just off the tava!
Yes, we have not deep fried these Paneer Pudina Tikkis and hence they form a healthy protein rich snack. You can use roasted oats instead of cornflour to keep this as a healthy Paneer Pudina Tikki.
Aside from Paneer Pudina Tikki we suggest you look at our collection of tikki recipes served with peppy chutneys like Mint Chutney, Sweet Chutney and Green Chutney.
Is Paneer Pudina Tikki healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
2. Mint Leaves (Pudina) : Mint (pudina) being an anti-inflammatory reduces the inflammation in the stomach and shows a cleansing effect. Sipping on a healthy drink like fresh mint and lemon tea is the best option to overcome nausea for mums-to-be. Moreover it's vitamin A (10% of RDA) and vitamin C (20.25%) serve as an additional boost to bring relief from cough, sore throat and also cold. Mint (pudina) is a leafy vegetable which is sure to create nourishing dishes without piling on calories, carbs or fat for that instance. What is has to offer instead is FIBER. See here for detailed benefits of mint leaves.
What's the problem?
1. Cornflour ( Cornstarch) : Pros. Cornflour is easy to digest because of the presence of insoluble fiber, thus benefits the gut. It’s gluten-free and can be consumed by those who cannot afford to stock wheat. Cons. Cornflour is full of calories and carbs like refined sugar, thus a barrier to weight reduction. Those on weight loss diet must definitely not reach out for it. The high crabs makes it a No-No for a diabetic meal and restricted for heart patients. Read for more details is cornflour healthy?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Paneer Pudina Tikki?
Paneer Pudina Tikki – A Healthy Snack for All. Protein rich food, paneer paired with flavourful mint leaves to create a nourishing snack – Paneer Pudina Tikki. Paneer is one the greatest source of calcium and protein for vegetarians. It is necessary to nourish each and every cell of the body, this includes all the organs and our immune system as well. It supports our bones too. The pleasing and flavourful mint, on the other hand, abounds in antioxidants, Vitamin A and Vitamin C which protect your cells from harmful damage of free radicals.
These sumptuous tikkis made with minimal ingredients can be explored by healthy individuals, those with heart problems and diabetics as well. True that cornflour has been added to these tikkis to bind them, but the quantity is not more. Diabetics and those aiming to lose weight need not turn away from these tikkis because of the addition of cornflour, but instead substitute it with oats as binding agent.
Oats will add some fiber too which is all the more good to keep your digestive tract healthy. Furthermore, if you have been advised to cut down on fat, then substitute the full fat paneer with its low fat paneer. Also try and use Peanut oil to cook these tikkis on tava, as it provides a good amount of MUFA (mono unsaturated fatty acids) which reduces the inflammation in the body. Slightly modify the recipe the way it suits your needs and benefit from the protein and antioxidants from these tikkis.
Can healthy individuals have Paneer Pudina Tikki?
Yes, this is healthy.
Healthy Chutney to have with Tikki.
Have this with nutritious green chutney recipe which has ZERO sugar used in it made with mint leaves, onions and coriander, lehsun ka chutney, green garlic chutney or green chutney recipe.
Nutritious Green Chutney
8 Pointers to Go Healthy and Stay Healthy
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
How to burn 70 calories that come from Paneer Pudina Tikki?
Walking (6 kmph) = 21 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 7 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 9 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 12 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.