How many calories does one plate of Low Calorie Sev Puri have?
One plate of Low Calorie Sev Puri gives 203 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 123 calories, proteins account for 32 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 49 calories. One plate of Low Calorie Sev Puri provides about 10 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Low Calorie Sev Puri recipe. low calorie sev puri is a healthy sev puri which is a variation to the popular famous street food sev puri. We have made low calorie sev puri supremely healthy and weight-watchers craving for chaat, this is definitely a recipe for you!
Chaat, topped with crunchy vegetables, laced with spice powders and pepped up with lime and coriander always feels light and refreshing, but is laden with hidden calories, especially in the deep-fried savouries it contains.
See how we have made this a healthy sev puri recipe. Here, we have swapped deep fried papdis and fried sev with baked papdi and baked sev. For the topping of low calorie sev puri we are using rajma instead of potatoes which are high in carbs. Also, we have swapped the chutneys with our healthy tomato chutney which perks up the taste of our low calorie sev puri.
Make baked papdi and baked sev in advance and keep them in your kitchen to use when you want to make any chaat. So it’s quick to make low calorie sev puri or any other healthy chaat.
Is Low Calorie Sev Puri healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some. Low calorie sev puri is made from baked sev instead of deep fried sev so that is a big plus. The most important change is using our innovative baked papadi recipe instead of deep fried. The topping is of rajma and healthy vegetables instead of high carb potatoes.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Whole Wheat flour : Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour is rich in Phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones. Vitamin B9 helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially increase red blood cells. See detailed 11 benefits of whole wheat flour and why it's good for you.
2. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
3. Rajma : One cup of cooked kidney beans has 26.2% of your daily Magnesium requirements. Rajma is a complex carb and rich in Fibre which helps in Lowering Cholesterol levels. Rajma is rich in Potassium which is critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating rajma is good for diabetics due to being a fiber rich food. See here for 10 health benefits of rajma and why you should eat it.
4. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : Coriander is a fresh herb often used as a flavour enhancer in Indian cooking. It is mainly used as a garnish. This is the best way to use it - no cooking. This preserves its vitamin C content which helps to build our immunity and bring that sparkle to the skin. The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
5. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Low Calorie Sev Puri?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. We have made so many changes to the recipe. Used healthy ingredients like baked puri, baked sev and rajma. So go ahead and enjot the chaat.
Can healthy individuals have Low Calorie Sev Puri?
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Low Calorie Sev Puri is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
6. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 203 calories that come from Low Calorie Sev Puri?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 1 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 20 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 27 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 35 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.