by Tarla Dalal
Added to 178 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34613 times
This is a virtually fat free recipe for all low cal food lovers! Crispy baked papdis are delicious at any time of the day. You can spice up the dough, if you prefer, adding a little chilli powder and cumin seeds. I personally like them just plain. Again, I would suggest the you store large quantities in an air-tight container.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, oil and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a firm dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 40 equal portions
- Roll each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle and prick them using a fork at regular intervals.
- Repeat step 3 to make 39 more papdis.
- Grease the baking tray with oil and bake the papdis at pre-heated oven for 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes, turning once after 5 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values per papdi
|Vitamin A||1.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.