How many calories does one serving of Jowar Kale Palak Veg Antioxidant Healthy Office Salad have?
One serving of Jowar Kale Palak Veg Antioxidant Healthy Office Salad gives 228 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 109 calories, proteins account for 26 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 102 calories. One serving of Jowar Kale Palak Veg Antioxidant Healthy Office Salad provides about 11 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Jowar Kale Palak Veg Antioxidant Healthy Office Salad recipe. An exciting medley of jowar, kale leaves, broccoli, mushroom and other veggies and greens, laced with a lemony and spicy dressing, this salad reboots your day with its awesome blend of textures and flavours.
Jowar or white millet is a gluten-free grain packed with vitamins and minerals, especially B-vitamins, magnesium and calcium .
Is Jowar Kale Palak Veg Antioxidant Healthy Office Salad healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Jowar : Jowar is a complex carb and will be absorbed slowly in the blood stream and not cause a spike in insulin. Jowar and all Millets are rich in Potassium. Potassium is critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Hence a good safe food for diabetics but to be had in restricted quantity and safe for those who want to live and eat healthy. Being high in Fibre, Jowar reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases the effects of good cholesterol (HDL). See detailed benefits of jowar.
2. Spinach (Palak) : Spinach is one of the richest plant sources of Iron and it should be part of a healthy diet for everyone. Raw spinach is very rich in insoluble fibre, 25% having soluble fiber and 75% insoluble fiber. Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Read this on the 17 benefits of spinach and why you should eat it.
3. Broccoli : Broccoli is loaded with beta-carotene which converts to Vitamin A once it is inside the body. Vitamin A plays a critical role in maintaining healthy vision. It is a good source of Vitamin C which boosts the immune system and fights off cancers, heart disease and protects the body from free radical damage. Broccoli is a good source of folate and good for pregnant women. See here for 13 amazing benefits of broccoli.
4. Mushrooms : One cup of Mushrooms contain only 18 calories and is safe to be consumed by those who have high blood pressure. Mushrooms has a Glycemic Index of 15 which is very low and is diabetic friendly. The B-vitamins Thiamine (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pyridoxine (B6) and Folic acid (B9) which are present in good amounts in mushrooms are involved in various metabolic reactions in the body. to convert into energy. See the detailed 8 benefits of mushrooms.
5. Alfalfa Sprouts : With a decent amount of fiber and very low fat count, these sprouts are a healthy addition to maintain heart health and good for diabetics. They are a good source of folate which has been known to have a key role on preventing neural birth defects in new born babies. Pregnant women must benefits from its key nutrients from through all the 3 trimesters. Shiny bouncy hair needs protein, vitamin C, antioxidants and zinc. Alfalfa sprouts has all of these. See detailed benefits of alfalfa sprouts in alfalfa sprouts glossary.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Jowar Kale Palak salad ?
Yes, this is healthy. Cut the olive oil by 1 tsp. Being high in Fibre, Jowar reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases the effects of good cholesterol (HDL). Spinach is good for the heart, diabetics and eyes. Mushrooms has a Glycemic Index of 15 which is very low and is diabetic friendly. NOTE that this is a meal by itself.
Can healthy individuals have Jowar Kale Palak salad ?
Very healthy salad.
Jowar Kale Palak salad is good for
1. Weight gain
2. Diabetics Salads
3. Healthy Heart Salads
4. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
5. Lower blood pressure salads as jowar works to do that as its rich in potassium.
6. Pregnany Salads
7. Low cholesterol salads
8. Kids high fibre food
Jowar Kale Palak Veg Antioxidant Healthy Office Salad is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
6. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
7. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
8. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
9. Vitamin B3 (niacin) : Vitamin B3 helps in brain functioning and mental health. Also healthy skin formation.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 228 calories that come from Jowar Kale Palak Veg Antioxidant Healthy Office Salad?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 8 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 23 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 30 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 39 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.