How many calories does one serving of Cabbage Jowar Muthias have?
One serving of Cabbage Jowar Muthias gives 146 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 106 calories, proteins account for 18 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 22 calories. One serving of Cabbage Jowar Muthias provides about 7 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Cabbage Jowar Muthias recipe. Muthias are an all-time favourite snack for Gujaratis, but for some people they may be very new. These are steamed dumplings that can be made with 2 or 3 kinds of flour combinations and can be flavoured with different vegetables like methi, mooli (radish), bottle gourd (doodhi / lauki) etc.
Is Cabbage Jowar Muthias healthy?
Yes, this is healthy, but restrictions apply to some. Made from jowar, grated cabbage and low fat curds.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Jowar Flour : Jowar is a complex carb and will be absorbed slowly in the blood stream and not cause a spike in insulin. Jowar and all Millets are rich in Potassium. Potassium is critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Hence a good safe food for diabetics but to be had in restricted quantity and safe for those who want to live and eat healthy. Being high in Fibre, Jowar reduces bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases the effects of good cholesterol (HDL). See detailed benefits of jowar.
2. Cabbage ( Gobhi) : Cabbage is low in calories, relieves constipation, good for diabetics. Cabbage has high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins and has long been used as a herbal medicine. Rich in Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods. See here all benefits of cabbage.
3. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have ?
Yes for diabetics but in restricted quantity of 4 to 5 pieces. Yes for heart patients but if obese, then 4 pieces. Yes for weight loss, but limited quantity.
Can healthy individuals have ?
Yes. Have this with nutritious green chutney recipe which has ZERO sugar used in it made with mint leaves, onions and coriander. Or you can have this healthy coocnut chutney made from coconut and coriander.
Cabbage Jowar Muthias is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 146 calories that come from Cabbage Jowar Muthias?
Walking (6 kmph) = 44 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 15 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 19 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 25 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.