How many calories does one serving of Burhani Raita have?
One serving of Burhani Raita gives 78 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 14 calories, proteins account for 12 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 39 calories. One serving of Burhani Raita provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Burhani Raita recipe. Burhani Raita is a nice and masaledar Hyderabadiraita, which combines the pungency of garlic with the aroma of coriander and the flavour of popular spice powders.
The Burhani Raita is super easy to make – you just need to whisk the curds and mix in the remaining ingredients – but it tastes special. It tastes best when served chill.
Is Burhani Raita healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
2. Garlic : Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics. Garlic is great for the heart and circulatory system. Read here for complete benefits of garlic.
3. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have ?
Yes, BUT use low fat curds in the recipe as we want to cut the fat level for all.
Can healthy individuals have ?
Yes, this is healthy.
Raita is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low cholesterol accompaniment use low fat curds
3. Low cholesterol salads, raitas use low fat curds
4. Healthy heart accompaniment use low fat curds
5. Healthy heart salad, raitas use low fat curds
6. Diabetic with heart issues use low fat curds
7. Diabetic Accompaniments use low fat curds
8. Diabetic salads, raitas use low fat curds
Burhani Raita is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie die
How to burn 78 calories that come from Burhani Raita?
Walking (6 kmph) = 23 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 8 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 10 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 13 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.