How many calories does one serving of Burhani Raita have?
One serving of Burhani Raita gives 78 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 14 calories, proteins account for 12 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 39 calories. One serving of Burhani Raita provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Burhani Raita recipe. Burhani Raita is a nice and masaledar Hyderabadi raita, which combines the pungency of garlic with the aroma of coriander and the flavour of popular spice powders.
The Burhani Raita is super easy to make – you just need to whisk the curds and mix in the remaining ingredients – but it tastes special. It tastes best when served chill.
Is Burhani Raita healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
2. Garlic : Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics. Garlic is great for the heart and circulatory system. Read here for complete benefits of garlic.
3. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have ?
Yes, BUT use low fat curds in the recipe as we want to cut the fat level for all. Curds help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity.
Can healthy individuals have ?
Yes, this is healthy. Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure.
Raita is good for
1. Healthy Recipes Lifestyle
2. Low cholesterol accompaniment use low fat curds
3. Low cholesterol salads, raitas use low fat curds
4. Healthy heart accompaniment use low fat curds
5. Healthy heart salad, raitas use low fat curds
6. Diabetic with heart issues use low fat curds
7. Diabetic Accompaniments use low fat curds
8. Diabetic salads, raitas use low fat curds
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Burhani Raita is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie die
How to burn 78 calories that come from Burhani Raita?
Walking (6 kmph) = 23 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 8 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 10 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 13 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.