Banana Gnochhi in Saffron Sauce
by MEENA SAVLA
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 10666 times
A very interesting fusion dish usually prepared with potatoes. Using bananas also can give the same taste. Saffron and nutmeg give a lovely flavour to the dish and roasted capsicum adds a star to it. Many Jains do not consume cheese so they can replace it for paneer or it or can be avoided completely, It will not make much difference to the dish.
- Pressure cook the raw bananas with the skin for 4-5 whistle or till tender.
- Peel and grate them while hot. Mash well with the hands and add all the ingredients for Gnocchi.
- Mix mashing well and form a dough.
- Divide into big ball.
- Sprinkle maida on the floor and roll each ball into 1 inch thick log (roll).cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Place each piece on left hand thumb and light press with a fork to get the shape of Gnocchi.
- Boil plenty of water ( about 5-6 cups) , add salt,1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Then add prepared Gnocchi and boil till the rise on top.
- Drain, refresh in cold water , drizzle little olive oil on top so they don’t stick to each other. Keep aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a broad non-stick pan and add the plain flour and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add milk gradually mixing well taking care no lumps are formed. Add rest of all ingredients for the Saffron Sauce and cook till thick (coats the back of the spoon).
- Place Gnoochi in a deep serving plate, pour the Saffron Sauce on top.
- Grate cheese or paneer on top.
- Arrange roasted capsicum on it.
- Sprinkle red chilli flakes and few saffron strands.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degree Celsius for 4-5 minutes till cheese melts little. Serve hot with Garlic Bread.
This recipe was contributed by MEENA SAVLA on 04 Mar 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.