Water Chestnuts and Purple Cabbage Stir Fry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6347 times
Amazing flavour, exciting mouth-feel, irresistible aroma – the Water Chestnuts and Cabbage Stir-Fry has it all. A unique combination of water chestnuts and cabbage is stir-fried with garlic and a sweet-spicy-tangy dressing, which gives the dish a very unique flavour and aroma.
A garnish of peanuts adds to the magic, making this an undeniably awesome dish! Remember that the chestnuts have to be cooked partially for a few minutes before adding to the stir-fry, otherwise they won’t cook well.
Accompany this stir fry with Chinese Soups and Noodles to create a mini meal or just serve as a side to any main course .
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the water chestnuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain well and keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the water chestnuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cabbage, prepared dressing, salt and pepper, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with peanuts.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.