Urad Dal with Paneer
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 354 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30854 times
A unique combination of urad dal and paneer, this seemingly elaborate recipe can be prepared quite swiftly if you work smartly. Just remember to soak the urad dal for an hour, and you are all set to go. The best part of urad dal with paneer is that it is made with everyday ingredients, yet turns out to be a gourmet delight!
- Soak the urad dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 1 hour and drain well.
- Combine the urad dal, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, salt and 1¼ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the paneer and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the paneer is light brown in colour. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same kadhai, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, green chillies, chilli powder, remaining ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, 2 tbsp of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked urad dal and mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the sautéed paneer and coriander, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.