Tiranga Pulao By Pratiti
Added to 112 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5776 times
Tiranga pulao is a very tasty rice preparation, popular in northern india, especially kashmir. Learn how to prepare tiranga pulao by following this easy recipe.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cashewnuts and saute till it turns to brown.
- Add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, onion, garlic, chilli powder, salt and beetroot and mix it throughly and cook for 5 minutes on a medium flame or till the beetroot is soft.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Clean and wash the rice,
- In a large pan, add the rice, salt, oil and water.
- Bring to boil and simmer till the rice is almost cooked.
- Divide cooked rice into 3 portions. Keep one portion of white rice aside.
- In a bowl combine the second portion of the rice and red mixture, mix gently with the spatula till the rice turns red in colour. Keep aside.
- In another bowl combine third portion of the rice and green chutney, and mix it gently till the rice turns green in colour. Keep aside.
- Arrange 3 different coloured rice on a platter only while serving otherwise the red colour will spread in the plain white rice.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by pratiti on 18 Nov 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.