Tandoori Paneer Tikka
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 268 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 802252 times
A party without tandoori party starters is truly incomplete!
And of all such starters, the Tandoori Paneer Tikka is especially popular. The perfect blend of spices and smoky flavour of the marinated and tandoor-cooked paneer is just too awesome to describe.
Here is how you can impress your guests by making this all-time favourite party starter at home – and that too quite quickly and easily using a simple non-stick tava.
Make sure you let the paneer marinate for at least half an hour as it is important for the flavours to sink in. We have used a little besan in the marinade so that it coats the paneer well.
Your guests will enjoy the authentic flavour of this paneer tikka thoroughly, so be ready to take a bow!
Try your hand at making other nice starters like the Vegetable Satay or Tandoori Gobi.
- Combine the saffron strands and milk in a small bowl and mix well.
- Combine the paneer, milk-saffron mixture and the marinade in a deep bowl, toss gently and keep aside to marinate for atleast ½ hour.
- Thread 3 pieces of paneer on a satay stick.
- Repeat with the remaining paneer cubes to make 3 more satay sticks.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it lightly with ½ tbsp oil, place 2 satays on it and cook till they turn light brown in colour from all the sides.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp chaat masala evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 2 more satay sticks.
- Serve immediately.
- Alternatively, grill the paneer tikkas on a tandoor or barbeque grill till light brown in colour from all sides.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||220.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||22.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.