Subz Do Pyaza
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35415 times
As the name suggests, Subz Do Pyaza is a delicious preparation of vegetables enhanced by onions in paste and sautéed forms.
The combination of tangy tomato pulp with a pungent onion-garlic paste and common but aromatic spice powders results in an intense gravy, which goes perfectly well with an assortment of veggies ranging from cauliflower and sweet corn to green peas and beans too.
Although simple and quick, this recipe gets a very rich hue not just from the onion paste and spices but also a balanced dose of fresh cream.
Serve with hot rotis or parathas .
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute or till they turn translucent. Transfer the onions into a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil in the same pan, add the prepared onion paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the paste turns golden brown in colour, while stirring continuously.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the tomato pulp, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the mixture leaves oil, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed vegetables, sautéed onions and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the garam masala and fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.