Stuffed Bhindi Sambhariya
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 55 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11337 times
For a taste of authentic Gujarati cuisine, have a go at the Stuffed Bhindi Sambhariya. Ladies finger, cooked with a stuffing of roasted besan and spice powders, the Stuffed Bhindi Sambhariya has a very different taste, which leaves a lingering warmth on your palate.
Its spicy, tangy and sweet flavour goes very well with rotis. You can also enjoy it with rice and dal. Nevertheless, it is made only with common ingredients and is quite easy to make.
Just make sure that you remember to stir the stuffed bhindi once in a while, at least four or five times so that the besan does not burn.
You can also try your hand at other recipes like the Bhindi Kali Mirch and Bhindi Do Pyaza .
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, add the besan and dry roast on a medium flame for 4 minutes.
- Transfer the besan on a plate and cool slightly.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida, coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, dried mango powder, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Fill each slit ladies finger with a little of the prepared besan mixture and keep aside. Also keep the remaining masala aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the stuffed bhindi with the remaining masala over it, mix well cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 13 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.