Sprouted Matki Poha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 49 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30722 times
Looking for some snazzy ways to top up on iron? Here’s a nutritious breakfast that will knock the tiredness out of you. The interesting combination of ingredients in the Sprouted Matki Poha makes it a power packed breakfast loaded with iron! The vitamin C in lemon and sprouted matki also enhances the absorption of iron.
- Place the beaten rice in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds. Keep aside for 2 minutes for the water to drain out completely.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the matki, soaked beaten rice, sugar, chilli powder, salt and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.