Spinach Roti, Whole Wheat Palak Roti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9473 times
Rich with the aroma of ghee, these Spinach Rotis are a thoughtful addition to any meal. The whole wheat dough is fortified with spinach puree, which adds to the nutrient content, flavour and visual appeal of the rotis.
It also makes the rotis a bit softer than usual and quite enjoyable. A dash of green chilli paste is added to the dough to spike up the taste a bit more. Remember to smear some ghee on the rotis after they are done, to boost the taste and texture.
Some people smear the ghee while the rotis are being cooked but that will not yield the right texture, so follow this recipe perfectly to get absolutely amazing Spinach Rotis.
You can also try other spinach recipes like Spinach and Corn Open Burger or Spinach Mushroom Sabzi .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 275 mm. ( 7”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) on a high flame and when hot, place the roti gently over it.
- Cook it till small blisters appear on the surface. Turn over the roti and cook for few more seconds.
- Cook it on an open flame till it puffs up and brown spots appear on both the sides
- Repeat with the remaining dough portions to make 7 more rotis.
- Smear ghee on top and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.