by Tarla Dalal
Added to 277 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 157529 times
Palak Paneer, an evergreen delicacy from North India, is perhaps one of the most interesting ways to include spinach in your meal. It features in restaurant menus too, as it goes well with most Indian breads like Tandoori Naan or Roti.
The highlight of this subzi is the flavour-packed palak gravy, which works effectively not just with paneer but also with potatoes or koftas.
You can make a variant of this gravy with garlic (Lehsuni Paneer Palak Subzi) if you want a peppier flavour. The palak and paneer combo is one of the most popular ones, not just because of the fabulous way they complement each other, but also because of the nutritional benefits.
Spinach is loaded with iron and fibre, while paneer is rich in protein. This makes it a nice recipe to include in your everyday cookbook.
You can cook an array of dishes with this duo, such as the Palak Paneer Toast, Palak-Paneer-Roti and Palak Paneer Rice.
You can even stuff it into crisp, golden dosa to make Palak Paneer Dosa one of Mumbai’s favourite street foods. With so many options at hand, there is no excuse to not include palak frequently in your diet!
- Combine all the ingredients with 1 cup of water and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Cool and blend to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- To make the palak paneer recipe, boil 4 cups of water with salt and cook the spinach leaves in it till tender. Take care not to loose colour of the leaves.
- Remove from flame and drain. Blend to a smooth purée.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan and add the ginger, garlic and tomatoes to it.
- Sauté for sometime till the mixture leaves oil and then add the white gravy, spinach purée, black salt and salt. Stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the paneer cubes, dried fenugreek leaves, punjabi garam masala, sugar and cream and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.