by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 82 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45277 times
The first description that comes to your mind when you taste the Spinach Lasagna is – heavenly creamy! Indeed, everything about this dish – from the tomato sauce to the spinach mixture is utterly creamy.
The tomato sauce is a rich one, with the lusciousness of fresh cream, the tang of tomatoes and the perky taste of herbs. The spinach mixture is equally rich, featuring spinach, cottage cheese, cream and a dash of spice.
Together with white sauce, these ingredients transform the lasagna into a fabulously rich treat. Baking not only melts the cheese, it also boosts the flavour and aroma of the whole dish.
Have a go at other baked dishes like Layered Spinach Au Gratin and Broccoli and Mushroom Baked Dish .
- Combine the spinach, cottage cheese, green chillies, nutmeg powder, fresh cream and salt in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic paste and sauté on medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the fresh cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Grease a 150 mm. (6”) diameter baking dish with butter.
- Place two sheets of lasagna in the baking dish, put half the spinach mixture, half the tomato sauce evenly over it.
- Repeat step 2 to make 1 more layer.
- Finally cover with the remaining 2 lasagna sheets, pour the white sauce and cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.