by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23228 times
This elegant vegetable lasagna showcases the merits of both tomato and cream sauce. The rich baked dish is packed with layers of pasta filled with vegetables and tomatoes topped with Italian mozzarella cheese and baked until golden brown in colour. Pomodoro sauce, that is, tomato sauce flavoured with basil, adds a unique flavour to this dish.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the tomato concasse, basil leaves, salt and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and mix well.
- Divide the sauce into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the capsicum and sauté for ½ a minute.
- Add the remaining vegetables and sauté till the vegetables become dry.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place one lasagne sheet on the bottom of a 200 mm. (8") diameter greased baking dish.
- Spread 1 portion of the vegetables over the sheet. Pour 2 tbsp of cream sauce and place another lasagne sheet on it.
- Spread 1 portion of Pomodoro sauce and place another lasagne sheet on it.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining lasagne sheets, vegetable mixture, Pomodoro sauce and cream sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.