Spicy Chawli Leaves and Spinach Stuffed Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21992 times
Greens and carrots, interestingly flavoured with ginger, green chillies and other common but effective taste-givers, form the stuffing for these sumptuous whole wheat parathas.
The combination of spinach and chawli greens gives the parathas a unique, very appetizing taste that you are sure to enjoy.
Since the Spicy Chawli Leaves and Spinach Stuffed Paratha has a rich and spicy taste by itself, you can just serve it with a cup of curds.
This is a fabulous way to use chawli leaves, and you will be happy to see your whole family relishing it!
Try other parathas like the Papad Stuffed Parathas or Paneer Stuffed Green Pea Parathas .
- Combine the whole wheat flour, oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the ginger paste and green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the amaranth leaves, spinach, carrot and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling. Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using 1 tsp of oil till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve immediately with curds.
Spicy Chawli Leaves and Spinach Stuffed Parathas by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.