Soya and Vegetable Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 129 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 80674 times
Fresh spices lend an irresistible aroma to this simple but sumptuous pulao, made with colourful veggies like carrots and green peas together with wholesome soya granules. The protein rich soya granules are semi-cooked before adding to the rest of the ingredients, so that they are completely cooked in the end product. If you add them directly to the salted water along with the rice and veggies, they might turn out a little rubbery. So, take care to follow the same procedure described here. Since this nourishing Soya Pulao is quite flavourful by itself, it is enough to serve with a bowl of low-fat curds.
- Combine the soya granules along with ¾ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they are soft, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cinnamon, cardamom, asafoetida and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots, peas, rice, cooked soya granules, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve immediately with low-fat curds.
Soya and Vegetable Pulao Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.