South Indian Biryani
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15962 times
South indian biryani presents the authentic blend of south indian flavours and the taste of aromatic rice blended with deep flavours and great taste.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add all the ingredients and saute on a slow flame for 1 minute.
- Cool and blend in a mixer till smooth, adding very little water if required.
- Keep aside.
- Heat a tava and dry roast all the ingredients on a slow flame for 1 minute.
- Cool and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Keep aside.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice in 4 cups of water for about half an hour.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a kadhai, add the onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add the curry leaves, green chillies and the prepared masala paste, mix well and saute till the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add the tomatoes and cook on a high flame till the moisture evaporates.
- Add all the vegetables, mix well and cook for a couple of minutes on a high flame.
- Add the rice and salt, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of hot water and mix well.
- Bring to boil, reduce the flame and cover and cook, stirring once in a while till almost done.
- Sprinkle the mint and coriander leaves, garam masala powder, lemon juice, mix well and cover with a tight lid.
- Keep on hot charcoal for about ten minutes.
- Open when ready to serve.
This recipe was contributed by tiwari_anuja on 26 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.