Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 22186 times
Rice Kanji, this fermented soupy drink is delicious and very appetizing, sure to satiate your gastronomic juices.
You can keep the rice in the water to ferment for more than a day if you wish, but at times it smells a bit strong.
- Combine the water, cooked rice and salt in a deep bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a plate (do not place it in air tight container) and keep aside to ferment for a day.
- Next day crush the the soaked rice with your hand and then strain the rice water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add asafoetida, mustard seeds, garlic, curry leaves and green chillies and saute for a few seconds.
- Add the rice water and add turmeric powder and boil for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy as an appetizer.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#391193 on 13 Sep 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.