Rava Chilla, Sooji Breakfast Chilla
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12888 times
Chilla is one of the most handy breakfasts one can think of! There is a lot of variety to choose from, it is quick and easy to prepare, and usually does not require complex procedures to make the batter.
Let’s say it’s our own desi alternative to pancakes! Here’s an easy and spicy Rava Chilla that you can prepare in a whiz even on a busy morning. Just mix the batter and set it aside for a while till you get other things ready, then bring out the tava, cook your chillas and enjoy them before heading out to face the day.
You will love the crunch of onions and the aroma of coriander in this snazzy Rava Chilla, which tastes great with green chutney.
You can also try other breakfast recipes like Broken Wheat Upma or Bread Uttapam .
- Combine the rava and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients along with ¼ cup of water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with ¼ tsp of oil and pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it lightly to make a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle. Cook using 1 tsp of oil till both the sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat step 4 to make 5 more chillas.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per chilla
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.