Rava and Vegetable Dhokla
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1025 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 93585 times
Rava and Vegetable Dhoklas are delicious, healthy and easy to make too. You just need to plan 30 minutes ahead to ferment the quick-fix batter, and you are ready to go. With colourful veggies and a spongy soft finish, children will love these Dhokla , and so will the others in your family! It can be prepared easily in the morning and packed comfortably in a snack box.
- Combine the semolina, mixed vegetables, curds, ginger-green chilli paste, oil, salt and 1½ cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well to make a smooth batter. Cover and keep aside to ferment for atleast 30 minutes.
- Just before steaming the dhoklas, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over the batter. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Divide the batter into 2 equal portions.
- Pour one portion of the batter immediately into a 175 mm. (7”) greased thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread it evenly to make an even layer.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 1 more thali. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared dhoklas.
- Cut into equal sized pieces and serve hot with green chutney.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||433.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.