Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2867 times
A healthy calcium rich sweet delicacy for a change. Ragi flour often used to make rotis is used here to make a barfi. Plus it has the addition of jaggery which is more healthier than sugar.
So it’s an absolute healthy option for those are looking to increase their iron levels. Add almonds for a good crunch and mouth feel.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the ragi flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the jaggery, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the almond powder, milk and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Put the mixture into a greased aluminium tin and spread it evenly.
- Cool slightly then refrigerate for 2 hours or till firm.
- Cut into 12 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.