Pears with Low Fat Custard
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13821 times
A healthier version of the all time favourite comfort food - custard. Made here with low fat milk and served with stewed pears.
- Mix the custard powder in ¼ cup of milk and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining milk with the sugar in a non-stick saucepan.
- When the milk starts boiling, add the custard powder mixture and vanilla essence.
- Cook over a low flame, stirring continuously till the mixture thickens.
- Pour into 4 individual serving bowls and keep aside to cool and refrigerate to chill.
- Mix ½ cup of water, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan.
- Add the sliced pears and cook till soft.
- Keep aside to cool and refrigerate to chill.
- Divide the stewed pears into 4 equal portions and spoon them over the custard.
- Serve immediately.
- Main procedure
- VARIATION: Apples or guavas may be used instead of pears.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.