Peanut Kadhi, Farali Mungfali Kadhi, Vrat ki Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 48 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39200 times
A kadhi made with roasted peanut powder and fresh curds, thickened with rajgira flour instead of besan. The Peanut Kadhi has been carefully formulated to avoid items that cannot be had on fasting days.
This faraal recipe is a tasty treat that you can have on Janmashtami , during navaratri, or any other day for that matter. Serve with Minty Sanwa or Sabudana Khichdi .
- Combine the curds, rajgira flour and 2 cups of water in a deep bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger–green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the peanut powder and sauté on a medium flame for another 30 seconds.
- Add the curds- rajgira flour mixture, rock salt and sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously to avoid any lump formation.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rajgira paratha or sabudana khichdi.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.