Minty Sanwa, Sama Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22786 times
When you feel like pampering yourself with traditionally wholesome food, reach out for the millets! Wonder foods that they are, millets also have a very enjoyable flavour and rustic texture.
Here, sanwa millet is cooked with coconut milk and perked up with mint, coriander and other flavour enhancers. The Minty Sanwa is so tasty and sumptuous that you will want to have it not just on faaral days but on regular days as well.
Serve with Peanut Kadhi and Kand Wafers .
- Clean, wash and soak the samwa millet in enough water for 1 hour. Drain well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the sanwa millet and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, 1 cup of water and rock salt, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while , while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander, mint leaves and green chillies, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and yam raita or peanut kadhi.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.