Sindhi Kadhi ( Pressure Cooker )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36126 times
Sindhi kadhi, ever imagined making kadhi in a pressure cooker ?? try this recipe before you say no! a melange of veggies coated with besan and cooked to perfection in the pressure cooker.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame till the seeds crackle.
- Add the besan and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the flavour releases.
- Add all the vegetables, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, turmeric powder, chilli powder, tamarind pulp and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook on a high flame for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape using quick /natural release method,(refer handy tip ) before opening the lid. Serve hot with steamed rice.
- Quick release method: also called the cold-water release method, it is used to release pressure quickly. To use this method, remove the pressure cooker from the burner, place in the sink and run cold water gently over the lid until the steam dissipates.
- When putting the pressure cooker in the sink, tilt the handle up so the water flows away from you. Quick release works best for foods where you need to control the timing and degree of cooking.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||240.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||44.7 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.