Broken Wheat Vegetable Delight ( Pressure Cooker )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 106042 times
Broken wheat vegetable delight, the easiest and no frill recipe to make when you are home tired and don’t want to cook an elaborate meal. The veggies along with broken wheat make up for all that would be required in one meal. I like to eat it along with curds.
- Clean and wash the broken wheat thoroughly in enough water. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-garlic paste, onions, green chillies mixed vegetables, broken wheat, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and 2½ cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook on a high flame for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape using quick release method (refer handy tip)before opening the lid. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- Quick release method: also called the cold-water release method, it is used to release pressure quickly. To use this method, remove the pressure cooker from the burner, place in the sink and run cold water gently over the lid until the steam dissipates.
- When putting the pressure cooker in the sink, tilt the handle up so the water flows away from you. Quick release works best for foods where you need to control the timing and degree of cooking.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||273 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||11.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.